To fulfill the vision of NAAC, developing a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution, Sullamusslam Arabic College mainly focuses on quality assurance and enhancement. The prime responsibility of IQAC is to initiate, plan and direct various programmes that are necessary to increase the quality of education. In this context, to realize the goals of quality enhancement, the resources of the institution have been directed towards this route and quality sustenance has been maintained in a well equipped and systematic manner.
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation of the institution of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), proposes the establishment of an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for every institution of higher learning undergoing the process of accreditation as a quality system measure; accordingly, our IQAC is the part and parcel of the institution.
IQAC of the institution conducts periodical meetings regularly by ensuring the participation of all the stakeholders and makes policies, procedures and guidelines for the functioning of various committees, clubs and cells and interacts systematically with these units and collects the feedback. Further, it also creates online channels of communication for information dissemination and quality assurance.
As part of the holistic development of the institution, IQAC also considers student employability and student employment as a matter of great concern. By taking into account the educated unemployment rates at present, the IQAC aims to equip each outgoing student with special skills to meet societal challenges.
- Fixing quality standards, benchmarks and criteria for all the activities of the institution to adapt the teaching-learning environment to the needs of each student in the transition from teacher-centered instruction to the creation of pupil-centered interactive educational pedagogy.
- Acting as a nodal agency for the adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Preparation of SSR as per the norms to be submitted to NAAC.
- Fostering global competencies among students by initiating them to undertake online graduate/ postgraduate courses through NPTEL SWAYAM, Coursera, etc.
- Encouraging self-evaluation and accountability employing self-appraisals.
- Facilitating periodic assessment through the conduct of Academic, Administrative and Green Audit.
- To stimulate outreach programmes curricular and co-curricular activities that will instill a social commitment.
- As a prerequisite of progress, giving suggestions to higher authorities for enhancing infrastructural resources of the institution.
- Collection and analysis of feedback responses from all the stakeholders including students and parents. The data collected is analyzed and invite suggestions to improve academic activities.
- Dissemination of information based on quality parameters of Higher education.
- Organization of FDPs, workshops and seminars for the holistic development of the students and faculties.
- Inculcating an attitude of relevant and quality academic research programs among faculties and students. To attain this, faculties shall publish in peer-reviewed/UGC listed journals and students shall be assigned dissertation/research/theses report submission.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Equitable access and affordability of academic programmes for all sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and promoting the use of technology-based education.
- Ensuring the credibility of the assessment and evaluation process.
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Optimum integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support system, structure and services and the availability of liquid resources in due time for the smooth functioning of the institution.
- Developing an effective feedback system incorporating all the relevant stakeholders.
- To provide a sound decision-making platform to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the decision.
- To provide and facilitate uninterrupted and competent interpersonal communication channels.
- Ensure at most clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Facilitate internalization of the quality culture and standards
- To act as agents of change and reform
- Integration of various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices